Sunday, May 27, 2012

First Post - Post Grad Problems


So I made this blog a while back, but have never really wrote in it until today. Work is dead beyond my tired little head's comprehension, so I'm taking this moment to start.

Here's a few things to talk about that've been on my mind (& facebook's) a lot lately.
1. The latest baby boom.
2. How I feel like I'm the last one in my class to not be engaged.. Did I mention I'm only 22..?
3. How I really, REEEALLY want a house.

I've never felt more connected with the phrase my parents used to preach to me until now, "Don't grow up too fast." I feel such a rush some days.. like I don't want to wake up one morning and be 30 and have all my fellows classmates married with 10 children and already on husband number two by now. But then again, I guess that brings me to my second conclusion. Why rush something and not have it turn out right? If you don't let a cake bake long enough, it'll be gooey and uncooked and just flat out enjoyable.. and maybe growing up can be the same way sometimes. Maybe the jealousy I sometimes feel when seeing the updated relationship status' and photos of new babies is all a little premeditated. The house thing though, can go ahead and happen. My long-time boyfriend & I are more than ready for that step. & after living on your own, your parents basement just feels a little.. lack-luster.. Although, at the end of the day, everything will happen when it's meant to happen. You can't rush magic.

But you can express-ship a princess cut size 7 1/2 from Tiffany's though, just saying. ;)

4 comments:

  1. what a great first post, girl! and your parents are right, don't grow up too fast. enjoy all the many things that life has to offer! everything will happen on it's own time and under your control ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TJ! I believe you are right. Everything happens in it's own due time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, reading your post was like reading my very own posts. I'm also 22, graduating in a few weeks, already with an amazing job, and an incredible man for a boyfriend... yet, i can't help but think of all those things (minus the baby one hehe). My mom always tells me the same thing your mom used to tell you. They are wise women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great moms think alike, Mariel. ;) Glad someone can relate!

    ReplyDelete